[Moo] Fund Raising for tournament

Lisa Mitchell cframwymarc at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:56:08 PDT 2011

Please let me know if you want me to collect your baked goodies.

Ceridwen

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:28:20 -0400
From: sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
To: moo at lists.stierbach.org; watchtower at sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org; abhainniarthair at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Moo] Fund Raising for tournament

Greetings, At the Baronial Meeting last Wednesday evening the populace decided to do a couple fundraisers to help raise money for the Roses Tourney that will be held at 30 year this September.  For those of you who do not know, a Roses Tourney is a Heavy weapons tournament where Ladies of the Rose, and their affiliates, award the victor of each bout a rose.  The fighter then in turn is to give this rose to a lady who inspires him.  As you can see, we need a lot of roses. To raise money to purchase the 25 dozen roses that we need we are doing 2 things.  First, Lady Cairistiona is collating a cookbook with recipes from the Ladies of the Rose.  If she got enough in over the weekend it will be ready for Golden Rose Tourney, if not then we will have it at future events.  Second, a bake sale of yummy goodness (does not need to be period food) was agreed upon and with the permission of the Autocrat we will be holding one under Mistress Ceridwen’s  Day Shade at Golden Rose. If you would like to provide a yummy goodness to the table that would be wonderful.  Ceridwen (cframwymarc at hotmail.com) said she would be willing to be a collecting point to those in the Manassas area who are not going to GRT.  I can collect treats as well for those in the southern end of the Barony, or be available to travel to the Warrenton area for a collection from the Abhainn Iarthair area depending on the time and day.   When providing goodies, please make them portable and easy to handle.  Nothing gooey please unless you are able to individually package them before handing them off.  Individually wrapping items is not required, however if you are providing items that could be sold in groups and would like to place groupings of items in plastic bags that would be wonderful.  **Due to food allergies please provide an ingredient list.  If you are donating store bought items please give us the container they came in with the ingredients on it.** Lastly, if you are coming to GRT and can sit and help Ceridwen at the table we would be extremely grateful!  Also, set-up and break down of the pavilion and sale area is also needed. Yours, Baroness Rhonwen