[Moo] Update on Michael Miller

Jonathan Blaine hourumiyamoto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:14:17 PDT 2011

When did this happen? I'm not sure if I know michael, but good luck.
On Apr 29, 2011 2:08 PM, "Barbara Miller" <thewolfhou at aol.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>

> Michael appreciates knowing that folks are cheering him on and keeping him
in prayers as he is recovering from the Motorcycle accident of last monday.
As of today, Friday, about noon, he has just come through surgery on his
right wrist (plate put in) and right humorus (pins put in), and his left hip
bone was reasessed carefully on how bad the crack was in the asetablium
(socket area where the ball of the femur rotates in)... and all is good. The
surgery part went well, and the hip bone crack is not as bad as initally
feared. He will now begin to start some rehab, and after a week or 2, start
bearing weight on his left leg. But with the pins ans such, the leg and arm
and wrist are "repaired" and able to be used.

> I still don't know if he will be going to a short rehab place for a few
days after the hospital, or directly home in the tender care of his
housemates and friends. If there are no complications, he will probably be
discharged from the hospital on sunday or monday to the next stage. He
already is bored of being in the hospital, and ready to go back to work. He
was only a day or so from advancing from Apprentice to Journeyman at Norfolk
Southern, deisel shop.

> Thanks you all!
> --Blitha

comfortably. He came out of surgery on his leg with good results. While he
will be able to walk while his leg mends, the fracture on his pelvis will
keep him in bed for several weeks. Today the doctors are going to discuss
the treatment of his arm and wrist.

> If you would like to send a card to Michael, Blitha thinks he is gonna be
in the hospital for a week before either going home or to a rehab center.

> Please use Michael's home address for the return address, in case he
leaves the hospital before he gets the card. The hospital will put "Return
to sender" on the envelope:
> 80 Nursery Lane
> Christianburg, VA 24073
>
> Roanoke Memorial Hospital
> Attn: Michael Miller, Room 991
> PO Box 13367
> Roanoke, VA 24013
>
> If you are on FaceBook, you can look up Michael there and send him
messages. He did post a little bit before surgery. He might not be up to
posting again for a day or so due to medication.