[Moo] Winter War albeit late ;-)

Pati Dunn neopkwaii28 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 11:31:36 PST 2011

Winter War has definately grown over the years; but when we were up there
('98-03) it really was a local event (Maxcy Hall is SUNY Potsdam's Gym).
Sig was it's autocrat for a few years.  Merchants were few and far between
(mostly sometimes Freya) because it was billed moreso as a fighting
event.  That actually describes about how large it is: a fighting event held
in a gym.   There would be skirmishes with smaller units.   Our local group
boasted maybe 50 back then(?) and folks from Ille Dragon Dormant (Montreal?)
came over to share in the day.  There were 2-3 Knights at least
present...Let me get current numbers for ya ;-)

I think moreso it was a chance to beat-up on people, on campus, with others
watching to advertise.    NOTHING compaired to Pennsic.

The biggest event up there is Birka (imo)-which is a shopping event (picutre
an intimate restuarant floorspace for 2 lists...)

I honestly don't think that any "war" will live up to Pennsic (we even tend
to drop the word war when we speak of it it's so big)... Prehaps there are
other "non-war" events that are also inter-kingdom that might be of Pennsic
calibur?

~Adrianna~
SUNY Potsdam alumni
(nearest mall was Massena)