[Moo] Baronial Day -- January 16th

shalandara at aol.com shalandara at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 10:10:23 PST 2011

Day: Sunday January 16th 2011

Time: Noon to 5pm
Place: The Clubhouse at Lake of the Woods

The physical address of the clubhouse (for those googling directions or using GPS systems) is 103 Lake of the Woods Way, Locust Grove, VA 22508.

Directions: Take your best route to Route 3 in Orange County.  Use the main entrance to Lake of the Woods on Route 3.  Since this is a gated community you must get into the lane for visitors.  Tell the guards that you are attending a function at the Clubhouse, hosted by Kelly and Shannon Bennett.  From the guardhouse go straight through the intersection, and up the little winding road that leads to the clubhouse.  We are meeting in the basement.

Activities:

Eating:  Bring munchies and other nibblers to share.  There is no kitchen or electrical outlets for our use.  There will be water and some other drinks available, but feel free to bring what you like.  (Dry site).

Dancing:  Viscountess Catherine has volunteered to lead dancing if there is interest.

A&S: There is space to work on projects in a social setting.  (No electrical availability though).

Games: There will be space for games of all types.  Bring your favorites!

Gift Exchange: Baroness Cairistiona has volunteered to coordinate.  If you would like to participate, bring a wrapped gift.  It can be a “re-gift” from the Holidays, or a new item; keep costs under $15 please.  When you drop off the gift, a number will be issued to that gift.  Each participant will also draw a number.  Throughout the afternoon, you can look at the wrapped gift and decide if the number you drew you wish to keep, or try to convince someone to change numbers with you.  Bribing encouraged to find out what is inside the wrapped gift without unwrapping it.  Contact her ( garadh at verizon.net, or 540-846-5357) if you have any questions.

Martial: This is entirely dependent upon weather and marshal availability. Fighting would be outside, on the edge of a lake, so conditions may not be favorable.  There is plenty of room inside for you to work on armoring projects though.

Music:  Space is available for a bardic circle if there are enough people who want to have one.

I apologize for the delay in getting this information out.  I am experienceing some computer problems currently, and do not have instantaneous access to email currently.

In service to my Crown, my Barony, and my Canton
Lady Elizabeth of Hadley Hall
(mka Elizabeth Ernst)
Lozengy Or and Vert a Chief Sable
Canton of Sudentorre, Barony of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia

=