[Moo] Defending the Gate is Coming and your invited

Laurie Clarkston garadh at verizon.net
Thu Mar 10 19:05:35 PST 2011

Defending the Gate
March 26, 2011
Canton of Sudentorre
The threat of war is over!  Talk of the battles and victories from Pennsic and
War of the Wings are now passing memories along with the winter fires.  Farmers
are preparing their fields for the spring and summer planting. The Canton of
Sudentorre is celebrating our good fortunes with our friends and allies.

Shake off that mantel of ice and snow and hone your fighting skills as the
Canton of Sudentorre holds its Tenth Year hosting Defending the Gate.  Come and
find yourselves standing shoulder to shoulder with our heroes and champions in
friendly competition.

Website: http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org  Updates to be posted, keep checking
back.
Martial Activites:  Heavy-armor, Rapier, Archery, and Atlatl.  Check the Website
for details. Art and Sciences: Show us what you have been working on over the
winter.  Our focus is on Domestic Items that suit your persona.  There will be
classes, displays, novice and more advanced competitions.  Documentation
encouraged.  See website.  Contact; Wiglaf Sigeberhting (Leif Johnston); email:
 Leif (AT) ResourceCompany.com; phone number:  540-479-1304, NLT 9 pm.
Cost:
Member: Day Trip $8, Feast $10                   Non-Member: Day Trip $13, Feast
$10
Child (7-17): Day Trip $5, Feast $10             Children 6 and under: are
guests of the Canton.
  **Lunch is included in your site fee, and is being prepared by Master
Chirthart of Blackstar.  Strongly encourage pre-registration to ensure lunch for
everyone. **  Bring Feast Gear.

Site: Izaak Walton League, 12400 Herndon Road, Spotsylvania, VA 22553.
The site is dry. Pets are not permitted. Site opens at 10 am and closes 10 pm.

Feast: An evening feast will be held, but is limited to 60 seats. Please
pre-register as noted below to ensure a seat will be available for you.  Contact
the head cook, Lady Elizabeth of Hadley Hall with any dietary concerns.  Email:
 Shalandara (AT) aol.com.
Feast Auction: Servers from the Renaissance Club of Mary Washington University
will once again be auctioned off in a traditional style.  If no service is
purchased for your table, service will be at your own risk. This is the main
fundraiser for this student group.

Autocrat: Baroness Cairistiona de Coveran, email: garadh (AT) verizon.net; phone
number:  540-846-5357

Reservations: Lady Miriel de Nedham (Nichelle Harrison), PO Box 6625,
Fredericksburg, VA 22403.  Email:  Miriel.denedham (AT) gmail.com:   home phone
number:  540-895-9835.

Make checks payable To:SCA/Canton of Sudentorre.

Merchants welcomed!! Contact the Autocrat
Directions:
From I-95 (North or South) take exit 130B West towards Culpeper, Route 3. Go 9.5
miles on Route 3, turn left onto Route 621 (Orange Plank Road), go 0.2 miles,
turn left onto Herndon Road, go 0.9 miles to site.