[Moo] OT, but it is time to check your smoke detector batteries...

Barbara Miller thewolfhou at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 06:08:24 PDT 2011

Greetings all,
My fire Chief sent this out to me, and I figured I would send it to you as your reminder!  --Blitha
This Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 0200 hours, is the time of year that we "
Spring Forward", As we set our clocks forward one (1) hour, it is a great
opportunity to ensure we are prepared for a possible emergency.

A few simple steps like checking smoke alarms/replacing your batteries,
developing a family communications plan, and putting an emergency kit
together can go a long way toward keeping families safe. Information on
preparing for emergencies can be found at the Stafford County Fire & Rescue
Web site and www.Ready.gov. It's important to remember that an emergency
could be a large-scale catastrophic disaster or a smaller-scale event like a
car accident or house fire.

In addition to visiting the Stafford County Fire & Rescue Web site and
Ready.gov, the Fire & Rescue Department is encouraging everyone to ensure
their homes are equipped with working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide
detectors. A working smoke alarm significantly increases your chances of
surviving a deadly home fire so it's important to test alarms regularly and
keep them properly maintained. This includes checking the
manufacture/expiration date on the label, replacing the batteries, and
cleaning dust away from the slots so that smoke can enter freely.

For more information about home smoke alarms and fire sprinklers, please
visit: www.usfa.dhs.gov/smokealarms.

For information on how to change your batteries click the following
link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3mUFoX2j1w