[Moo] Bearing Water at Defending the Gate

Crystal Thurber palfi.jozsa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:34:38 PDT 2011

Greetings good gentles!

I apologize for the double-posting, but some folks might only read one or
the other of the emails.

I have been asked to head waterbearing at Defending the Gate by our
Autocrat, Baroness Cairistiona de Coveran.  This is something that I greatly
enjoy, but I could really use some help.  For those of you who may not know,
waterbearing is just about what it sounds like: we give water to the
masses.  Well, some (cut) Gatorade, pickles, pretzels, and orange slices
too.  When we have been invited to the field by the marshals, thirsty
fighters often are clamoring to receive water.  They are often so thankful
for the water and other hydration supplies, that one can receive many
marriage proposals (I know I have!).  Let's not forget all of those people
sitting around watching the day's fighting, either!

Task list:
filling and delivering coolers (think we may be able to get wheeled
assistance with this one)
mixing half-strength Gatorade
sanitizing squirt bottle lids
peeling oranges
cutting pickles
offering food goods to folks
offering half-strength gatorade and full-strength water to folks
checking on coolers

See! It is not difficult.  If you are interested and plan to be at DTG (
http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=8cdd563b), please
contact me off-list at:
palfi (dot) jozsa (at) gmail (dot) com

You would not need to work the entire event, but if you could spare a few
hours, or even some time here and there, everyone would be happy.  (Think:
friends don't let friends become dehyrdrated and go to the hospital)

Thanks!
Palfi Jozsa