[Moo] Defending the Gate set-ups

Laurie Clarkston garadh at verizon.net
Thu Mar 17 18:57:55 PDT 2011

Greetings!

Defending the Gate is fast approaching and there are various jobs that need your
help!

This coming Sunday, we will be packing up the trailer for the event at the
Millers.  This means kitchen items, marshaling items, archery targets, tents,
list fences, tables, and an assortment of items that this event will need
including a sink (just not a kitchen sink...grin).

Next Friday, (day before the event), set up of site.
We need to set up the following tents:
     Big White,
     Troll,
      Bardic,
     MOL dayshades,
     Children's activities,
     A&S walls for the picnic pavilion.

We will need to set up "no parking stakes" with survey tape to keep people from
driving on the grass.

Set up the temp parking area for people to troll in with survey tape.

Set up archery targets.

I have a key to the building so anything that we want to drop off the day before
and lock up, we can do that as well.

What is the best time for people to come out next Friday and help?  I will be
off that day, and available anytime.  Most people who come out and help
set-up come out after 2 pm to dark.  Let me know what time will work and I will
make sure the trailer is there.

On Saturday: we need help throughout the day.  If you have not signed up to run
or organize something, please help those who are.

We will have three (3) parking areas again this year that need to have parking
attendants.  The two parking areas directly located on site are for staff, and
those who are signed up for Feast.  The parking area located up in the far field
will be for day trippers not staying for feast.
The shooting ranges located on the way to the archery field will be for those
people who have large vehicles with trailers.

Lady Damiana Monena (Danni) is going to take on the task of parking control.  It
would be nice if people offer to help her out, sign up for a two hour shift.

She is gonna need someone up in the far field, and two people for the two areas
by troll.  We will need 3 Parking attendants for each shift starting around 9
am to at least 1 pm.

If you sign up for a two hour block of time, this will give you plenty of time
to participate in other activities.  Last year, our parking
attendant volunteers spent the entire day taking care of our visitors.  Please
send Danni an email, or talk to her Sunday to sign up.  Her email address is
Danielle.willgruber at gmail.com.

After each activity is over, please help break-down equipment, and tents before
Court.  There will be a lot of people hanging out waiting for Court eagar to
help out.  Just ask!  After Court there will be feast.  It is a great way to end
the day..!

If you have any questions, let me know.  Let's make the Tenth Year of Defending
the Gate the best ever.

BTW, have you pre-reg?  Still time.

YIS,
Cairistiona