[Moo] Equestrian Practice

Laura Barrett alienorb48912 at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 22:26:34 PDT 2011

Greetings!
 Our 1st practice brought in Liz from Black Diamond, Griffin & His Lady Anna
from the North, a young rider from Manassas, and Ona from King George, as well
as our locals....
  Lessons learned: gusty wind = broken buckets for the games (my Lord was busy
topping off buckets so they would stand up and not break the lids), Mac was a
sweetheart for everyone (with a little encouragement), we had an awesome
practice for the quintain & pig sticking.
   Next practice is May 22nd, our last practice before Atlantia's 30yr is June
12th. Provided everything goes well, Her Excellency Rhonwen has offered to serve
as MOL for authorizations. At the June 12th practice we will cover groundcrew
authorization & the liability class, at the May 22nd practice we will
cover basic horse safety. You must be groundcrew authorized to be on the EQ list
field during the activities at an event.
   If bringing horses please have coggins available before unloading, let me
know when you plan to arrive so we can have a paddock set up for you...
   I will let you know when I have confirmed a 2nd eq marshal for the June 12th
practice.
Finally and not least of all, thanks for everyone showing up, it was so much fun
having a chance to play with everyone.

  YIS,
Alienor

P.S. We will be short on time at the event so any authorizations we can get
completed before Atlantias 30 yr will make for more time for games at the event.
 Love Conquers All