[Moo] FW: [MR] Inter-Kingdom Scribal Exchange

Michael Mitchell wymarc10 at comcast.net
Tue May 24 13:19:24 PDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: atlantia-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
[mailto:atlantia-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org] On Behalf Of Sandra
Rangel
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:00 PM
To: Merry Rose; Nottinghill Coill;
Nottinghill_Coill_Scribes_Guild at yahoogroups.com
Cc: Sue Daywalt "Sunniva Kyrre"
Subject: [MR] Inter-Kingdom Scribal Exchange

**Please pass on or forward this message to your local groups or to whom it
may concern - Thanks!**

Greetings fellow Atlantian Scribes,

Recently there was discussion on the SCA Scribes & Illuminators
yahoo group about coordinating an Inter-Kingdom Scribal Exchange. The
exchange is an opportunity for Atlantian scribes (of ANY skill level) to
share their artwork to the audience of several different Kingdoms. In the
end each of the Kingdom Crowns will have 12 completely original scroll
blanks that were created by the generosity of many scribes from across the
Knowne World. I volunteered to be the representative for Atlantia but there
are 5 other Kingdoms involved; Aethelmearc, Caid, Drachenwald, Trimaris and
Meridies.

If you are wanting to be involved please let me know and for those of you
who are not on that list but would like more detail please read below. This
exchange is split into two parts and the numbers represent what would be
accomplished as a group, not by one individual. The guidelines
and materials are what are recommended as a base so that everyone can be on
the same page. (Pun intended)

Part ONE: Involves creating a packet of 12 pieces of award artwork to be
completed (and in my hands) NLT October 1, 2011. Aethelmearc is our partner
Kingdom for this step. It is broken down as such:

   - 6 Calligraphy only: The wording/text styles will be kept "neutral" as
   each Kingdom sometimes have their own special wordings.
   - 6 Illumination: Levels of "complexity guideline" for each packet is 3
   AoAs, 2GoAs and a court barony.
   - I send the packet of 12 to Aethelmearc rep, they send us a packet of
   12.

 So, for example, if 6 scribes volunteer 2 scrolls; 1 callig only and 1
illumination only, we are set for part one!

Part TWO: From there any of the Altantian volunteers take the Aethelmearc
scrolls and complete them (and in my hands) NLT January 1, 2012. Caid now
becomes our partner for this next step.

   - 6 with the calligraphy only will now be illuminated.
   - 6 with Illuminations only will now receive calligraphy.
   - I send the packet of 12 full scroll blanks to Caid; they send me 12
   back and this is what the Crown of Atlantia will receive for use!

Materials & Other Guidelines:

   - Paper- Bristol board, Pergamenata or vellum; 9x12 inches or 11x14
   inches
   - Paint -Goauche (or if you are so inclined to be period specific please
   use only non-toxic pigments)
   - Calligraphy - with ink, pen/nib or quill.
   - 1" margin
   - Guilding optional

YIS,

Lady Rohesia Anven of Thessalonica