[Moo] Thanks to all at the Massaponax Demo

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 05:14:32 PST 2012

Greetings all!

I want to say a huge thanks to all who were able to come and help with the Demo at Massaponax HS! There were more students, parents and younger children. I think Mr Toth advertized more things to do among the students.

The students were exposed to many arts (calligraphy, illumination, stained glass, pewter casting display, board games, toys, 4-shaft loom weaving, single heddle weaving, inkle weaving, card weaving, lucet, the gammet of embroidery from Viking to blackwork, navigational tools, harp and recorder, heavy armor, archery equipment, rapier equipment... and all the wealth of your knowledge! Students saw demonstrated heavy combat, rapier combat, and archery! The archery (and horses a parent brought) were a large draw outside.

I want to say a special thanks to Duke Logan and Sir Cian and Sir Ragnar, who made sure there were marshals so the heavy combat could happen! and huge thanks to Baron Colum and Lord Grim  who ran the archery station! This Demo could never happen without all of the wonderful people that come and share! I thank you all!

--Blitha