[Moo] Same Gender Corsort Proposal from SCA Announcement List

Barclay, Peter C LTC USA CIO/G6 Peter.c.Barclay at us.army.mil
Sun Feb 5 14:07:32 PST 2012

Marcolo,

  Thanks for the clarification and thanks for making my point.    The *reason* for why you discriminate is what may be bad.   As I said, I am objecting to the statement that discrimination is *always* bad.

I made absolutely no comparison of same gender relationships to anything else.   Read my note again carefully, and see that I made no such comparison.   In fact, I clarified the only point I was making.

However, since you are concerned about removing a perceived discrmination in how the SCA conducts its Crown Tournaments, are you interested in removing *all* discrimination in how we conduct Crown Tournaments??    If we removed that perceived form of discrimination, are we also going to remove the perceived discrimination against rapier fighters, archers, equestrians, or artisans?

Some people believe we discriminate against all those folks in how we determine our Crown...

cheers,

  Terafan