[Moo] Fwd: calling all Northern Atlantian brewers

lady_esperanza at cox.net lady_esperanza at cox.net
Tue Jul 10 08:04:55 PDT 2012

Forwarded as requested.

Baroness Esperanza

> Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 23:27:28 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Elspeth Payne <ebpayne at yahoo.com>
> Subject: calling all Northern Atlantian brewers
>
> Please forward this to your baronial lists - thank you!

The Queen's Tea is on the list field from 11-2 on Monday Aug 6.  Those Who Arrange These Things are expecting 55-60 people, mostly visiting Royals from other kingdoms, to come pay their respects to our Queen. I do believe Bright Hills' Cooks' Guild is providing the delectable foods.
I have been tasked with encouraging the northern Atlantia brewers to contribute drinks - we won't breathe a word about a beverage tax or anything; this is a wonderful opportunity to showcase the gifts of our talented brewers to our beloved Crown for the glory and grace of Atlantia.
Now to the point:  This is occurring in the middle of the day just when it's starting to get really hot.  I'd like to see us provide some cool pale beers, some quick meads, and some non-alcoholic beverages to cool and quench the thirst of the visiting dignitaries. Personally, I plan to bring up to a case of wittebier, and probably a gallon or two of quick mead. Who's with me?

We need not only beverages, but a few people to serve them - probably not too many; one or two savvy folks to man the kegs and a couple-three people to carry pitchers around.  This overlaps with heavy, archery, and rapier, all three, but none for the entire time.  If you can, spend an hour serving Tea before or right after you fight ('cause you rapier fighters always look good, even coming off the field, right? and archers hardly even break a sweat.).  Personally I think having someone halfway in armor pouring me a refreshing beverage would be kind of sexy, and it is happening right by the List Field.
Whatever beverage you provide, please also provide a serving mechanism - if you bring a keg, bring ice and a pressure regulator/tap thingy.  If you bring quick mead, bring a pitcher.  Like that.  If you can spend some time serving, please oh please let me know soonest; I definitely need hands to help!  If you can spend some of your time, I will be most grateful!  There may even be small tokens involved.

Cheers (and let me know very soon please),
Baroness Sorcha of Storvik

http://www.elspethpayne.com
Brewing, Writing, and Education