[Moo] Stierbach July Business Meeting Minutes

Rose P hroswithathestout at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 12:16:24 PDT 2012

Please have a look, especially if you're going to Pennsic.
-Chronicler

Stierbach July Business Meeting
2 newcomers, 24 total in attendance.

Announcements
We have a new deputy archery marshal, Grimm.
Open positions-announced, especially seneschal deputy for Master Ii Katsumori.  He will not be here for HF, so a deputy is needed before then.
Jozsa is considering being the Minister of Minors.
Sapphir is collecting officer photo release forms for Master Richard so pictures of officers can be posted to the web.

Post Event Reports
University-Comments, 236 adults 11 youth, 7 children. Briana was given deposits back.  We collected about $700 in donations from attendees.  Custodial charges were originally budgeted to cost about $200 for one custodian, but due to unclear contract language, they also charged us for a second custodian.  The bill was $415, an additional $215 dollars.  Usually they also charge for an event coordinator, but they didn’t and are unlikely to do so in the future. Our expenses were $940.  Parking is a little weird – we’ll need more signs in the future.  Google Maps takes you straight there.  Feedback was very positive from attendees and site owners.  FYI-there is ONE person in the central office who handles the contract, after that is done, deal directly with the school.  Always bring a copy of the contract in your hand EVERY time you visit the school.  Only some classrooms had tables, which are scattered throughout the school.  Our loss was
 $223.

Baronial Bday-Site owner was pleased and eager to have us back.  We got our deposit back.  For future events, portajohns will need to be rented and moved to where we would like to have them, the site has a known plumbing problem.  They’re hoping to drill a 3rd well in the future.  That will need to be confirmed.  We’ll need to organize the site better so folks won’t cross the yellow tape location which demarcated the horse area.  Suggested to hold court in the hall if the audience isn’t super large.  Jozsa thanked the people doing the bucket brigade.  We might decide to put staff parking in the gravel area next time.  Kitchen was surprisingly workable with just one oven and plenty of fridge space.  Portion size on feast were just right.  Profit on Investiture, $2200!  Our general expenses were under $200 even though we budgeted $900, also we had 56 people in addition to break even, About 265 adults.

Bull Run Demo- Really good turnout by us.  The librarians were very happy with our demo.  They kind-of offered to help with expenses, we didn't take them up on it.  Lots of folks wanted SCA contact info.  LOTS of random folks in addition to the 25 kids signed up.  It was nice for us to be able to do it at night, probably contributed to our baronial high participation numbers.  The age group was school age.

PENNSIC
-The bridge is not complete to Cooper’s Lake, we’ll have to take detours.
Sarah is looking for alternative vehicles to transport stuff than just the trailer.  She is looking for up the first week and back on the Saturday the second week.
A light and battery system is on the purchase menu.  Suggested to have a fence line along the back to cut down on cut-throughs.  Also, one of the shower systems needs to come back.  The water heater needs to go up and come back.  Court is likely to be on Tues. of war week.  They are going to do a bbq and ask for a side from attendees.  We need at least 16 doz cookies.  Esperanza, Gunnora, and Ellen volunteered 2 dozen each.  If you can contribute to the cookie needs, please let Sarah, our Pennsic land agent and coordinator know.
Land still hasn’t issued assignments.  We have 24 campers.
We still need to provide Royal retainers/guards, we have 4 so far, we need two more.  We also have 7 or 8 rapier fighters roughly.

Future Event Progress Reports

Holiday Faire 2012-Deputy autocrat, Siegfried.  Flaithri as MIC will be available if not needed by the Prince at a different event the same weekend.
Merchant Coordinator-Still need deputy, work in progress.
Sapphir has volunteered to be MIC of archery for HF 2012

Kingdom Rapier & Costuming Symposium-University site went well, we’ll use it for the symposium.  There might be a lunch if someone wants to do it.  There will not be an evening feast.  Mid or Late September 2013.  3 persons selected for Costuming, Baron Lucien doing Rapier, and also a person for a historical rapier track.  We need a bid and budget produced for Sept. meeting for a vote.  Q.  Is there a profit-share scenario with St. Anne’s Guild?  They’ve supplied $500 in seed money.  This is a practice for a possible Knowne World event.

Bbday2013-We still need an autocrat.  We liked the site from this year.  June 22 or 8th<summer university is the 8th already>, 2013 will be spiked when we have a contract with the fairgrounds.  Jozsa is comfortable volunteering to be autocrat for now.  Also, she will contact the site coordinator to check on those dates and let Master Ii know.  Financial committee present approves a preliminary budget based on this year’s budget (All officers and Heloise.)

HF 2013-We still need an autocrat.  We can spike it now, but they want you to have a contract first.

Event Bids for Kingdom-There is a list of available events.  The next open event is Spring Coronation 2014, Universities.  Master Ii will ask if there is an updated list.

Please remember that minors paying adult price are subject to NMS.

Canton Updates
IA-Going smoothly.  More participation.  Dance practice.  Also, In Flint Hill there is a Celtic Band at the Griffin Tavern on Sept. 1st from 6-10pm (Jim & Holly Lawrence), they’ve invited us to show up in garb.  Also, they have a large back room where they offered to let IA do dance practice.  They have 5 active archery fields.

Sudentorre- Allen Wolfhou will be the new seneschal for Sudentorre.
Baronial Day is Saturday at CCC.  From Noon-6.
We need to get rid of the old laptop-now to be written off, approved by financial committee.

8:40 meeting adjourned.