[Moo] ARCHERY MARSHALS PLEASE READ...

enequy enequy at verizon.net
Fri Jun 1 12:44:27 PDT 2012

read all

Enequy
  -----Original Message-----
  From: moo-bounces at lists.stierbach.org
[mailto:moo-bounces at lists.stierbach.org]On Behalf Of michael sheppard
  Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 1:32 PM
  To: General Mailing List for the Barony of Stierbach;
watchtower at sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org; abhainniarthair at yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [Moo] ARCHERY MARSHALS PLEASE READ...

  I am forwarding this note to ALL Archery Marshals of Stierbach and Her
Cantons from our leader, THL Lorelei Greenleafe, DEM.  DO NOT TRASH! PLEASE
READ.
  I apologize if you have received this as a duplicate from the original
sent out over the Archers list (and all of us should be on that list if you
are not) but it IS too important to miss...so read it again!!  Thank you.

  YIS,

  Saphir,

  Dietrich Saphir zum Drache, Baronial Archery Marshal, Barony of Stierbach

  [Archers] A habit that is to stop immediately. Read this.Inbox x

              loreleielkins at aol.com
       1:11 PM (8 minutes ago)

              to archers

  Good afternoon, Marshals and archers.

  I'm putting on my "Official Hat" here, so listen up.

  It has been brought to my attention (again) that at an event, a marshals
felt it was okay to unofficially reopen the range after the Marshal in
Charge had closed it.  This was done without the knowledge of the Marshal in
Charge and mentioned to them in an offhand comment later on.  THIS IS NOT
OKAY!  If any marshal does this, their Warrant will be pulled immediately!

  If you want to shoot after a range has been closed, you need the
permission of the Marshal in Charge of Archery, making you the Range
Marshal.  You need to be a fully warranted marshal to be a Range Marshal,
not an MiT. Often after a range has been closed people wander behind
targets, in the woods, not knowing someone took it upon themselves to shoot
for a while. If something were to happen, the MiC would be responsible.

  This has happened a number of times during my term as DEM and it will stop
now!  I don't care how things were "done in the past."

  I hope this is clear to all of you.  Deputy and Regional Marshals, make
sure EVERY ONE of your Marshals are aware of the seriousness of this, and
that each one has received this message.  Get back to me privately after you
have confirmed this with each and every one of them.

  We've been lucky nothing's happened and I'm not willing to take chances.

  The Honorable Lady Lorelei Greenleafe
  Kingdom Deputy Earl Marshal for Target Archery.