[Moo] Front Royal Library Demo

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 09:07:00 PDT 2012

Since it is Thursday, I will be able to come and help. I have the box of game boards that can be used to teach folks how to play. How else may I help? Do you envision what you wish displayed or activities you would like in action?

Reinmar and Alienor will have pictures. Good. I have an intro to the SCA powerpoint, but it uses more of Sudentorre people in the photos. Having Abhainn Iarthair folks in pictures doing things will be better for advertizing thier activities. If a small flyer with Abhainn Iarhair & Barony contact infos, websites, current list of activities (with dates, times, locations, adresses, a contact) for that region of Stierbach, and Abhainn Iarthair specifics will be good to put together for the demo.

Since Equestrian is a strength of AI, can video be shot of the Equestrian activities/practices and put into a show to run along with a static display of the armour, barding, and a target or too?  Reinmar, would you have time to do something like that?

Dancing is good. Are Penny and Jasper thinking dancing for this demo, or the Manassas Library one, or both? I will ask them when I see them this evening. How much space do we have at the library? Can we also go outside? is the outside lighted?

Heavy armor is always a draw to look at. Who has chain mail shirts that can be brought that the kids can try on? Helms are also good try on items (a bit of neat way cool with a bit of stinky, sweaty, hey this is real appeal) Try on thing can be good to make real what kids are seeing. It holds them and thier friends, and it makes parents pause long enough to ask questions, from which the kids will learn also.

Blitha