[Moo] Fw: [Sylvan Glen] Fwd: Secrets of the Viking Sword on Nova

Laura Barrett alienorb48912 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 06:07:04 PDT 2012

FYI for all our Vikings out there...YIS,  Alienor

Love Conquers All

Begin forwarded message:

Please forgive the cross posting but I thought this would be of interest to several lists I am on.

On Wednesday, October 10th. Check your local listings.

Join NOVA to learn the “Secrets of the Viking Sword.”

   The Vikings were among the fiercest warriors of all time. Yet only a select few carried the ultimate weapon of their era: the feared Ulfberht sword.

   Fashioned using a process that would remain unknown to the Vikings’ rivals for centuries, the Ulfberht was a revolutionary high-tech tool as well as a work of art. Considered one of the greatest swords ever made, it remains a fearsome weapon more than a millennium after it last saw battle.

   But how did Viking sword makers design and build the Ulfberht, and what was its role in history? Now, NOVA uses cutting-edge science and old-fashioned detective work to reconstruct the Ulfberht and finally unravel the mystery of the Viking sword.

http://www.sdpb.org/pressreleases/pressdisplay.aspx?Id=878

Ealdred of Malmesbury

Dawson Lewis, Pierre SD

              Reply to sender