[Moo] preparing for storms this weekend

J. C. Smith jsmithcsa at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 14:38:59 PDT 2012

FYI: This is a good site to track the storm: http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricanes/tropics-scenarios-us-threat-20121022

They update it every few hours so you can keep track of changes.

Janos

JEFFREY C. SMITH

"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win." -- Clint Smith

>Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:32 PM
>Subject: Re: [Moo] preparing for storms this weekend
>

>Fwiw, we are on decent high ground without much worry of flooding or falling trees with a spare bedroom, couches, and many air mattresses.  The latter can be loaned out if needed.  If you think you may need a place to stay, let us know.
>-Ii
>Phone: 703 585-5650/0787
>PS:  We also have plenty of food, gas grill, etc.  Plus essential s like board games...
>On Oct 27, 2012 2:35 PM, "Barbara Miller" <blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Greetings all,
>>I know you have been hearing about the storm(s) coming this weekend or early next week. FEMA has activated in preparation for whatever happens. The weather prognosticators are not exactly sure what will happen when hurricane and other storm collide or bounce or join forces, or do the unpredictable. So I encourage all to look around you. Who is in low lying areas and, if there are large amounts of rain, may be affected by flooding? Who has trees around and may be affected by tree toppling winds? Who typically looses power and may need a place to temporarily relocate? Are your trash cans and lawn furnitures and yard toys inside or secure so they do not blow around and wreck havoc where they are not intended to be? Have you refilled your propane tanks so you can grill, or your gas tanks for the generator, in case of power outages? Have you filled your car gas tank so you don't become stranded somewhere? Have you filled containers with water both for
 drinking and for flushing the toilet? Do you know where your camp stove and battery lanterns are if they are needed. If you have medicines that need refrigeration, do you have a cooler and sufficent ice packs, or have some phone numbers of others who may have power and can refrigerate for you if the power is out longer? Are your phones and such charged? As whatever hits happens, lets keep in touch and help each other in our wonderful Scadian family weather the storm!