[Moo] Please forward: Atlantia Academy of Rapier and Costuming Symposium

Rhonwen verch Tuder rhonwen at kandsbennett.net
Thu Aug 8 06:41:35 PDT 2013

Please forward to all appropriate lists:

Atlantia Academy of Rapier and Costuming Symposium

September 7, 2013

Barony of Stierbach

Warren County High School

155 Westminister Drive, Front Royal, VA

Site opens 9am, closes 6pm.

Come out for a day of fellowship, prowess with steel (needle or blade, you choose), and learning! This year’s Atlantian Fall University is focusing on Rapier, Historical Martial Arts, and Costuming.  While the University will also be offering up required classes it will not be the main focus.   We hope you will join us for the day in the beautiful mountains of Northern Atlantia.

See http://university.atlantia.sca.org<http://university.atlantia.sca.org/> for more details on the classes being offered.

See http://stierbach.org/rapier/ in the future for more site/event information

Autocrat's Information:

Master Flaithri O'Cearnaigh  flaithri[AT]kandsbennett[dot]net

Costuming Track Coordinator: Lady Amie Sparrow

Rapier Track Coordinator: Baron Lucien de la Rochelle

HMA Track Coordinator: Lord Wistric Oftun

Site Fee:

As this is an Atlantian University session there are no site fees.  Donations to help offset the expenses for the site will be gladly accepted at check-in.

Site Restrictions:

Tobacco and alcohol are not permitted on- site.  This is a Virginia public school and subject to all laws and regulations thereof.

Directions:
(URL for google maps image: http://goo.gl/maps/gXIBv)

>From I-81N/S: Make your way to I-66E and follow the directions below.

>From I-66W: Take exit 13 and turn onto VA-79 S (Apple Mountain Rd).  Continue 0.2 miles and then turn right onto VA-55 W (John Marshall Hwy).  Follow for 3.5 miles and turn right onto Walker Ave. Follow this 0.5 miles to Westminster Dr, and you should see the school in front of you.

>From I-66E: Take exit 6 and turn south onto US-340/US-522 to Front Royal.  Turn left onto US-340 S/US-522 S/Winchester Rd for 2 miles.  Turn left onto W 14th St and the road will change to N Royal Ave. Turn left onto N Commerce Ave and go 1.5 miles. Turn left onto VA-55 E for about ½ a mile. Turn left onto Westminster Dr Turn left into the school.
>From I-95N out of Richmond: Head northwest on US-17 N/Warrenton Rd.  Continue to follow US-17 N for 26.2 miles. Take a slight right toward US-15 N/US-17 N/US-29 N/James Madison Hwy in Warrenton and then Continue to follow US-15 N/US-17 N/US-29 N for 7 miles.  Take the ramp onto US-17 N/James Madison Hwy. Continue to follow US-17 N for 10 miles.  Turn left to merge onto I-66 W/US-17 Ntoward VA 55/Strasburg/Winchester. Continue to follow I-66 W for 15 miles. Take exit 13 toward Virginia 79/VA-55/Linden/Front Royal.  Turn left onto VA-79 S/Apple Mountain Rd.  Turn right onto VA-55 W/John Marshall Hwy for 3.5 miles.  Turn right onto Walker Ave. Turn left onto Westminster Dr and then left into the school.

Feast Information:

Food is not provided on-site, but there are numerous commercial establishments nearby.  Here is a small listing of restaurants in Front Royal near site and the Interstate.

Spelunker's Burgers and...<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1481408/restaurant/Virginia/Spelunkers-Burgers-and-Frozen-Custard-Front-Royal>  - Burgers, Desserts/Ice Cream, Hot Dogs/Sausages116 South St

The Melting Pot Pizza<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1535792/restaurant/Virginia/The-Melting-Pot-Pizza-Front-Royal>  - Pizza, Sandwiches/Subs 138 West 14th Street

Element<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1541028/restaurant/Virginia/Element-Front-Royal> - European, Gastropub, Modern American 206 S Royal Ave

Apple House<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1542301/restaurant/Virginia/Apple-House-Front-Royal>  - Donuts, Sandwiches/Subs 4675 John Marshall Hwy

Jalisco<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1603445/restaurant/Virginia/Jalisco-Front-Royal> - Mexican 1303 North Royal Avenue

Castiglia's<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1553375/restaurant/Virginia/Castiglias-Front-Royal>  - Italian, Pizza 328 remount road

Foster's Grille<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1497249/restaurant/Virginia/Fosters-Grille-Front-Royal> - Burgers, Coffee, Hot Dogs/Sausages 40 Riverton Commons Drive Unit #10

Main Street Mill Restaurant<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1644560/restaurant/Virginia/Main-Street-Mill-Restaurant-Front-Royal> - American, Seafood 500 E Main St

McAlister's Deli<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1650694/restaurant/Virginia/McAlisters-Deli-Front-Royal> - Sandwiches/Subs 70 Riverton Commons Plaza

Panda Express<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1644547/restaurant/Virginia/Panda-Express-Front-Royal> - Chinese 236 Crooked Run Plaza

Front Royal Ledo Pizza<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1554018/restaurant/Virginia/Front-Royal-Ledo-Pizza-Front-Royal> - Italian, Pizza 135 Crooked Run Plaza Suite 70

Mikado Hibachi & Sushi<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1741524/restaurant/Virginia/Mikado-Hibachi-Sushi-Front-Royal> - Chinese, Sushi 50 Riverton Commons Plz

China City Buffet<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1644506/restaurant/Virginia/China-City-Buffet-Front-Royal> - Buffet, Chinese 40 Riverton Commons Dr

South Street Grill<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1644562/restaurant/Virginia/South-Street-Grill-Front-Royal> - American, Diner 424 South St, #A,

Cracker Barrell Country<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1741786/restaurant/Virginia/Cracker-Barrell-Country-Front-Royal> - American 15 Riverton Commons Dr

Los Potrillos Mexican...<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1732476/restaurant/Virginia/Los-Potrillos-Mexican-Restaurant-Front-Royal> 90 Riverton Commons Rd

Daily Grind<http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1709865/restaurant/Virginia/Daily-Grind-Front-Royal> Front Royal 215 E Main St

Hotel:

Hampton Inn Front Royal

9800 Winchester Rd, Front Royal, VA ‎

(540) 635-1882

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows

111 Hospitality Dr, Front Royal, VA ‎

(540) 631-3050

Super 8 Front Royal

111 South St, Front Royal, VA ‎