[Moo] Artisans Row at Pennsic

Denise V. McMahon gerkeeper at mac.com
Tue Feb 19 14:35:33 PST 2013

Greetings Fellow Artisan!

Countess Rowan, here, Dean of Artisans Row for this year.  I am writing to everyone to find out if folks are interested in sponsoring another day on the Row this year.

Pennsic Artisans Row gets more popular every year and the wide variety of arts and sciences that are promoted in our little corner of Pennsic continue to fascinate and intrigue the many thousands who come to Pennsic very year. So, now that we can register for Pennsic and register for Pennsic University classes, it's time to think about what we would like to do on the Row as well.

This year we have three tents available each day to host a particular focus. Pennsic 2013 will be starting a week early on July 20th and ending on August 4th. We will be running Artisans Row from July 23rd, a Tuesday,  until Thursday, August 1st.  The information that I have tells me that Friday, August 2nd will begin tent tear down throughout the A&S area. Meanwhile, there are 10 days available with three Focus Topics every day.

Cheesemaking, Needle Arts, Pewter Casting, Fiber Arts, Book Arts, Commedia, Woodworking, Leatherworking,etc. were all well represented last year. These are only some of the topics possible and basically any A&S subject that can be demonstrated can have a home on Artisans Row. Get a group of your fellow enthusiasts together and show folks just what you can do! The tents are open from about 9 am to 5 pm every day.

If you would care to sponsor a day of activities, please let me know as soon as you can, especially if you have an idea of what day you would like to schedule on. I have most days open, however as on previous years, choices will get leaner the closer we get to Pennsic. Book early!

If you have any questions, please write to me at pennsic.artsrow at gmail.com this will be our new email list for communications among the Artisans Row participants.

Feel free to pass this note on to any list that may be appropriate.

I am at your service and hope that this years Artisans Row will be as grand as ever!

Warm regards!

Countess Rowan
Dean of Artisans Row