[Moo] open house and scribal time

Miriel de Nedham miriel.denedham at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 06:02:44 PDT 2013

While House Wolfhou has gone to War on behalf of Sudentorre, House de
Nedham has agreed to remain behind and help guard the borders and maintain
the hearth in preparation for the victorious return of our beloved
emissaries and fighters and all their supporters.  Seeing no need for the
home tasks to be dreary chores, House de Nedham cordially invites those not
going to War to join us this Sunday afternoon.

The gates will be thrown open at 11 am and will close when people are ready
to be elsewhere or dark, whichever happens first.  As I am not equal to
Wolfhou's bounty, I would ask that anyone planning to stay beyond the
traditional time of afternoon tea please bring a dish to share (5 pm, give
or take a bit, according to wikipedia).  The address can be found
here<http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/loc_miriel.php>
.

The primary activities will likely be socializing and practicing the
scribal arts, but we also have a (very) few games and a selection of
curious plays that magically store themselves on bookshelves without the
aid of vellum (DVDs).  We don't have space enough for archery or thrown
weapons, being bordered on two sides by houses and roads on the other
two, but other outdoor activities may be possible in our yard.

Translation: Miriel and Ranulph aren't going to Pennsic and because Wolfhou
is closed for Pennsic, we thought we'd transfer their open house to our
place and add it to our regular scribal activity.  The fun starts at 11 and
goes until dark.  Come when you can, leave when you must.  Dinner will be
potluck, so please bring something if you're planing to stay that late.  We
have a few games and movies if socializing and C&I aren't to your taste,
and there's space for rapier and heavy in the yard if marshals show up.
Follow the link for address and directions.

Allergy warnings: There are three cats in the house, though you're unlikely
to meet them.  We don't have any food allergies ourselves, so read labels
or ask if that's an issue for you.

Let me know if I've left anything out.  Hope to see you there!