[Moo] It's 5:00 and no one has showed up

Liam moonstag001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 30 18:01:47 PDT 2013

I am sorry that the Barony has declined so much.
I was here about 10 years ago when it was still a shire.
I was the Castellan/Chatelaine then, and hosted the newcomer meetings at my home in Sterling at that time.
I remember the excitement and pride that there was when we finally became a Barony.
There were very frequent events here, mostly cheaper to attend and therefore more people could afford to come, especially in the northern portion.
Sterling to Manassas.
Open Houses like yours were common and comfortable venues for everyone to come together as friends and family.
It seemed that there was at least one or another every week.
I am saddened to return and see that everything seems to have literally gone south.
Perhaps it is a hiatus, a cocoon if you will, and the area shall re-emerge again in time.
I hope so.
I miss it.
Even though I have not been to your gracious Open House, I shall still remember what it takes to have one, so, Thank you.

Be seeing you.
Liam Stillman/ Moonstag/ Saru.