[Moo] request from your friendly neighborhood Jozsa

Crystal Thurber palfi.jozsa at gmail.com
Wed May 1 02:50:23 PDT 2013

Hello folks!

It is time once again for the final preparations for the Stierbach Baronial
Birthday, to be held Saturday, June 22, at the Fauquier County Fairgrounds.
I am looking for a couple of folks to fill in some positions, *preferably* *
newer* people who haven’t had a chance to volunteer much at one of our
events or who would like to try a new position.  This is your chance to
shine!  Please read the descriptions below, and if you see something that
you like, or if you have questions, please contact me OFF LIST at palfi
(dot) jozsa (at) gmail (dot) com.  Thank you so much for giving me this
opportunity to serve all of you!  They are:

*Field Steward*

*--in charge of the physical grounds and where all things and activities
are located.*

* *

This person must have good spatial awareness (or at least the ability to
measure accurately) for making sure that activities and tents are laid out
correctly with enough safety space between and around things.  The Field
Steward, or FS, must possess excellent leadership ability, be able to
problem-solve, and be polite and business-like.  The FS will coordinate
between me as autocrat, the site owner, the Marshal-in-charge, the merchant
coordinator, and the clean-up patrol.  The FS should probably be in at
least average physical condition; the site is not enormous but will involve
walking.  Lastly, the FS should have some form of reliable transportation,
as I will need you to walk the site with me at least once before the event.

*Chief Water Bearer*

*--making sure that the populace and fighters all have enough to drink.*

* *

This person will be working directly under the Chirurgeon in Charge (First
Aid person).  You and a team will be checking on water stations throughout
the day, coordinating a team of people to regularly offer water to our
guests and fighters, and making sure that we have enough hydrating snacks
available, usually oranges, pickles, and pretzels (the last two are a good
gauge as to whether you are dehydrated or not). Lastly, you will be
responsible for regularly finding *ME *and making sure *I* have been
drinking water regularly; there is a good chance I might get distracted and
forget!

*Silent Auctioneer*

--*Keeping track of objects for the silent auction.*

* *

At many Stierbach events, we offer a Silent Auction, in which guests can
write down the bid amount they would be willing to put up for a particular
object they would like.  The proceeds generally benefit some group or cause.
No, you would not have to stay with the Auction all day, but you would need
to arrange for someone to cover for you.

That is all for now, but keep your eyes open for further updates.

Jozsa