[Moo] Pennsic Travel Advisory

Evan da Collaureo evan at scadian.net
Tue May 21 16:12:41 PDT 2013

Unto all Pennsic-bound folk on this list, greetings from Evan da Collaureo, recently returned from AEthelmearc War Practice.

While the Currie Road bridge leading to Coopers Lake from US-422 has reopened, aother bridge is now being replaced -- the northbound I-79 bridge over route 422 is NOT THERE right now!!!

Traffic on I-79 is reduced to a single lane shortly before exit 99 (route 422) in BOTH directions, and the northbound traffic crosses over to use the southbound I-79 overpass to get over 422.

Traffic on southbound 79 slowed to a standstill at multiple occasions over this past weekend, visible from Coopers Lake. I must extrapolate to large delays on northbound I-79 approaching the work zone as well.

Now multiply that by Pennsic traffic. I suspect you didn't like the answer any more than I did.

I strongly suggest that folks coming north on I-79 in high traffic times EXIT the interstate one exit earlier than normal at exit 96 -- route 488, Portersville. Turn left on 488 west, then right on US-19 north, and get to US-422 that way.

Alternatively, if you want to make a preliminary town run first, use 488 east to Prospect, Lyndora, and Butler; or bypass 79 altogether and take I-376 up to New Castle.

Since this project is not slated for completion until the FALL of 2014, this will affect travel to and from Pennsics 42 and 43.

Wishing everybody safe travels wherever they are going, I remain yours in service,
Evan