[Moo] HMA

JL Badgley tatsushu at gmail.com
Thu May 9 14:15:59 PDT 2013

If he is with the VAF, they have a program--or used to.  I thought that was
where Bill Grandy was teaching.  Is he just looking for something different?

There is the Old Dominion Fechtschule up in Stirling/Ashburn area with
Jessica Finley and Scott Cozad  (focusing on German stuff, with lots of
wrestling, from what I hear).

There is Nova Assalto group I'm a part of in Lorton, along with Steve Hicks
(Strykker), Steve Reich, and others (focusing on Portuguese sword--mostly
working on figuring out what they are saying as opposed to working in the
more structured class environment with "known" material), which shares
space with another group that is working on the concept of a unifying
theory of movement within the old masters led by Brad Waller.

There is also Seven Hearts in Alexandria, with Tom Leoni focusing on
Italian masters.

Finally, I believe that Jacob Norwood from Maryland Kunst des Fechtens is
looking to relocate to Alexandria as well.

Then there are the groups in the SCA--and I think Master Dante probably has
the best handle on those, but I'll help if I can.

-Ii