[Moo] Fwd: [SCA-Bridge-Chat] Digest Number 3115

Maven sk8maven at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 07:08:14 PDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[SCA-Bridge-Chat] Digest Number 3115
Date: 	18 Sep 2013 11:06:14 -0000
From: 	SCA-Bridge-Chat at yahoogroups.com
To: 	SCA-Bridge-Chat at yahoogroups.com

There are 7 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1a. Master El
     From: Christopher Morissette
1b. Re: Master El
     From: Victoria Sorel
1c. Re: Master El
     From: Beth Needham
1d. Re: Master El
     From: Celia Zanger
1e. Re: Master El
     From: Ralph Oelbaum
1f. Re: Master El
     From:  lafn123

2. Submissions for Notes from the Underground are due, 9/25/2013, 12:00
     From:   SCA-Bridge-Chat at yahoogroups.com

Messages
1a. Master El
     Posted by: "Christopher Morissette" lordeloi at yahoo.com lordeloi
     Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:23 pm ((PDT))

A heavy heart sends you greetings,
Elliot has recently been experiencing some unexplained issues that originally seemed small when looked at individually however, when taken as a whole showed an overall decline in health.  We had him brought to the VA and had a workup done and the findings were not good.  Elliot has asked me to let you all know that the findings indicate he has cancer.  There is enough present within him that treatment would be beyond what he could handle.  He is not in pain, just fairly tired often, and has his faculties complete.  He will still be at Harris Health center at 833 Broadway in East Providence, has indicated he will rarely be on e-mail, does have his phone but seems to be having difficulty being on them due to the fatigue.  The time table is the usual cancer time table, could be short, could be a while.  For someone who has had his share of medical complications over the years, the doctors were not expressing confidence towards many years to come.  I know he
  was in a tough place before and that the stubborn goat that he can be got us nearly five more years after the coma and amputation.  He knows and clearly stated, he can't beat this one.  Last time we were in a fight to live, he sees this as time to quietly enjoy what is left, reminisceabout good times past and remain comfortable as long as he has quality in the time spent.   He has handle the news to this point better than I.  He will decide when the final blow is struck good and lay down on his own terms, we have discussed this.  I would encourage all of you who feel compelled to spend time if you could or send a card at least.  We have made arrangements to access hospice staff who can read for him and will increase his care as needed. I would ask just a few things, please do not gift him items you think he would likeas we have begun determining how he wants his current possessions bequeathed and that is taxing as is.  Photos and letters are welcome
  reminders of the good things he has begun talking about, highlighting what he has valued in the past, plerase think along those lines.  If you have desires for what happens to items lent to him, gifts given in years past or are remembering something he promised you in the past, please make me aware of these things now as the process begins so I may relay this information to El.  At this point, it is hard to see him leaving a care facility for any events outside dialysis or care appointments.  If you have any difficulty or concerns with the health center or trouble contacting El, please let me know and I will endeavor to make things right ASAP.  This information may be shared in the effort to notify those for whom El has been a friend or more.  Thank you.
In service to my Pelican and dear friend, Eloi

Messages in this topic (10)
1b. Re: Master El
     Posted by: "Victoria Sorel" isabeau1530 at yahoo.com isabeau1530
     Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:33 pm ((PDT))

Thank you for letting us know of this.  He has been and always will be a huge influence upon our Society.  I hope that when my time comes, I can meet it with the same grace and peace that he has.

Lady Isabeau Du Valle

________________________________

     Posted by: "Beth Needham" Speth1476 at cox.net elspeth_keyfe
     Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:50 pm ((PDT))

Thank you Eloi. That is indeed sad news. We will try to cross post to as many lists as possible.
In Service,
Elspeth

Sent from my Palantír

     Posted by: "Celia Zanger" celiazanger at gmail.com i.hidey
     Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:55 pm ((PDT))

This is sad news indeed. He is a brave fighter, but even the bravest must
eventually make their exit. I hope we can all make it as joyous a one as
possible for him. He certainly is in my heart and thoughts and will
continue to be even after he leaves this life. I will make every effort to
get there to see him and remind him of this in person.

Adelaide

     Posted by: "Ralph Oelbaum" sol.oelbaum31 at gmail.com
     Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:57 pm ((PDT))

Greetings

This is sad news. I have known Master el for a very long time, even before I
was here in the the SCA. Who ever sees him next please send my warmest
thoughts and prayers to him. I can understand the position he is in having
taken very ill sometime  back.  I am going to look at my schedule for the
week and see what the ripta schedule will be so I can get out there.

Lord Yaakov
In service too the Barony of the Bridge always.

     Posted by:  lafn123 at aol.com lafn123
     Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:08 pm ((PDT))

This is very sad news. Give him my love,
Loretta

     Posted by:  SCA-Bridge-Chat at yahoogroups.com
     Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:00 pm ((PDT))

Reminder from: SCA-Bridge-Chat Yahoo! Group
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Bridge-Chat/cal

Submissions for Notes from the Underground are due
Wednesday September 25, 2013
12:00 am - 12:00 am
(GMT-05.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Notes:
If you would like to make a submission to the Notes from the Underground newsletter, please send them to Lady Mina diPasquale at chronicler at baronyofthebridge.eastkingdom.org. The deadline for submissions is the 25th of the month.

All Rights Reserved
  Copyright © 2013
  Yahoo! Inc.
  http://www.yahoo.com