[Moo] Dog Mart is this Saturday!

Marsaili Johnston ladymarsaili at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 05:33:56 PDT 2013

Sunny and mid 70s.  Should be a perfect day!  I'm planning to be there.  C'mon out and join us.

Lady Marsali Johnston
Minister of Arts & Sciences
Canton of Sudentorre
Barony of Stierbach
Kingdom of Atlantia

 Subject: [Moo] Dog Mart is this Saturday!
 To: "SudentorreWatchtower at yahoogroups.com" <SudentorreWatchtower at yahoogroups.com>, "Elaine Luce- UMW" <eluce at mail.umw.edu>, "MWWarlord1701 at gmail.com" <MWWarlord1701 at gmail.com>, "dante.di.pietro at gmail.com" <dante.di.pietro at gmail.com>, "moo at stierbach.org" <moo at stierbach.org>, "garadh56 at gmail.com" <garadh56 at gmail.com>
 Date: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 7:02 PM

 Greetings all!
 This
 saturday is the Dog Mart at the Izaak Walton League in
 Spotsylvania, on 12400 Herndon Rd. (where we have our
 Defending the Gate Event).
 Gates
 officially open at 9am. We want to be all set up before
 then, so come about 8am. We have a tent to raise, and the
 list fences to put up. The do charge $5
  per car, but in past years, if we were there before the
 event started, we have gotten in free, so there is another
 incentive to get there early. The Event runs until 4pm. (If
 it should rain torrents, the rain date in Sept 30th... but
 the weather so far looks lovely!)
 The
 "opening ceremony and re-enactment" will be from
 11:30 to 12 noon. In years past, we have re-enacted the
 trading of English hunting hounds for furs, between the
 early American Colonists and the Native Americans, and have
 used beagles from the SPCA. This was first begun somewhere
 about 1699, and has continued since in various forms... This
 year, the Izaak
  Walton League president, Greg Raines, reports that he is
 having a hard time contacting any of the local Indian tribes
 and getting them to come. He thinks he has 1 Indian... so,
 if you wish to dress up like an Indian, here is your
 opportunity! Come dressed as an Indian! Or, later period
 garb is acceptable, or whatever culture/age you would like
 to wear, come! We may have to scale back the re-enactment so
 the male settlers don't overshadow the few indians, and
 we can say more about folks can get their dogs from the
 SPCA... but we can work out details saturday morning when we
 see what we have... Let me know if you have ideas. The Free
 Lance Star will be on site taking pictures.
 The
 Manahoac Archers will be at one of the berms, working with
 the youth doing archery and BBs and Air Rifles. We have been
 given blessings to set up a safe range and do demonstrations
 of period archery, cross bows, and atlatl! We also can set
 up a list field and do demonstrations of rapier and
 heavy!
 We
 will be using my tent to have a display on Dogs during the
 Medieval times. We can have a table of weaponry also if you
 bring it. I do only have 2 tables, so if you have space for
 another table, please bring it. We have coloring sheets of
 medieval dogs from manuscripts
  and an Aesops fable for the kids to color with
 crayons.
 don't have a good list of who is coming, so how much we
 do is dependent on who comes and what ya'll wish to
 do...
 See
 everyone this Saturday!-Blitha
 PS--
 The Izaak Walton League is selling lunch (hotdogs &
 burgers and such) as a fundraiser for their group. So if you
 don't wish to bring your own food, there will be food
 available on site for purchase.

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----