[Moo] Defending the Gate is having a Silent Auction

Laurie Clarkston garadh56 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 19:10:02 PST 2014

Winter has been long and bleak for those not fond of cold and snow.  The
promise of Spring seems such a long, long way off, and yet, before you know
it, it will be here and almost gone.

Here is something to keep you busy while you wait for that daffodil to
emerge out of the snow and ice.

Spring Cleaning..!

That's right, get into those closets, drawers, bins, unused bedrooms and
collect up all those really great items that you have been unable to part
with because they still have great value to them.  What are they?

-- Books you no longer need or read

-- Garb that you no longer wear--we won't ask why...

-- Armor--either no longer fits; or you've upgraded

-- Trim--everyone has a yard or ten of trim.  You bought it for an outfit,
then changed

    your mind....that is okay.

-- Fabric--who doesn't have 15 yards of various materials you are never ever
gonna use...

-- Furniture--camp or just really cool stuff you bring to events

-- Feast Gear--bring the stuff you stopped using.  There are a lot of new
people in the SCA

    and they need feast gear!

-- Babbles and trinkets--Why not breathe new life into them by letting them
find new homes.

-- Anything that you think would or could be used by anyone in the
SCA....donate it..!

Bring all these wonderful treasures, and they really are (look how long you
have been hanging onto them..!) to Defending the Gate's Silent Auction,
Saturday March 29.

Website:  *http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org
<http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org>*

This Auction will raise funds for the *Kingdom Travel Fund* so YOUR Royals
can travel far and wide throughout this great Kingdom to come to your
Barony, Shire or Canton for a visit.

Now, if you have wonderful treasures that might not work at an SCA event,
take those to Goodwill or Salvation Army.  That is still a good thing.

If you are one of those rare people who cannot find something to donate,
that is okay too.  We need people to come buy these wonderful treasures and
give them new homes.  It is never too early to start shopping for
Christmas..!  We do not take Lady Visa, but we are happy to accept gold in
exchange.

If you have any questions, please contact Baroness Cairistiona de Coueran;
garadh56 at gmail.com.

YIS,

Cairistiona