[Moo] Fwd: [MR] Twelfth Night - Important Information!

Evan da Collaureo evan at scadian.net
Tue Jan 7 17:07:45 PST 2014

Posted regarding Kingdom 12th Night:
> > First, no outside alcohol is permitted at the event. No containers (bottles,
> > cans, etc.), open or closed, may be brought inside. Instead, we are offering
> > a cash bar with table-side wine service for your enjoyment.

Okay, this was known in advance, and is even not uncommon.

> > Second, no home-prepared food may be distributed at the event (i.e., no
> > hospitality). This means you may bring home-prepared food for yourself but
> > it cannot be shared with others. Any food that you do wish to share with
> > others must be store-bought in sealed containers upon arrival.

[snip]

> > These restrictions are required for legal and insurance purposes.

This is the first I have heard of this particular restriction. Was this known in advance when the contract was signed? If it was not, what legal remedies are being pursued (breach of contract)? If it was known, why was it not made far more clear and more public, and why was the site chosen in the first place?

-Evan, who has been to a few Kingdom 12th Nights