[Moo] Stained glass Workshop

Rhonwen verch Tuder rhonwen at kandsbennett.net
Fri Jun 13 03:35:44 PDT 2014

Greetings!

After being asked, repeatedly, to teach more on stained glass I have found a date!  On July 19th I will host a workshop at my house on basic stained glass techniques.  Space is limited, due to supplies, equipment, and the size of my garage so I will need people to RSVP.

Saturday July 19th

Workshop for 6 people.  RSVP required (see below for details)

Cost: $10

10 am - when we are done

Pot luck dinner about 5pm (We will provide drinks, BBQ for sandwiches at dinner, and some munchies for snacks during the day)

Note: I live in a gated community (Lake of the Woods, Locust Grove, VA).  If you will be attending you have to let me know so I can leave your name at the gate.  You will not be allowed in unless your name is on my guest list.

The workshop is for 6 people and you will create a small lead came project.  More are invited to come to hangout, watch, learn, and ask questions.  If those spots fill I will keep a waitlist in case someone can't make it.

Fee covers materials and supplies used during the workshop and those you get to take home afterwards.

Small children will not be allowed in the workshop area.  Kids can come, but they will either need to be watched by another parent, or be able to handle themselves playing with my kids with little adult supervision either inside or in the yard.  If your child wants to participate in the class I will discuss it with you on a case by case basis.  My preference is middle school and older kids (based on hand strength) can potentially participate.

Schedule:

10am:  Arrivals and get situated

10:30 - 12pm:  Safety class (indoors) and basic history of Medieval stained glass.  This is mandatory and

you will not be allowed in the workshop without the safety class

12pm - done:  Working on projects in the garage

~5pm:  Dinner about then, or when we get hungry

If you have the following materials please feel free to bring them:

Safety glasses

Plain or colored glass (I have lots, but if you do have some you would like to play with bring it)

Glass / tile cutter (I will have simple ones on hand for you) they can be bought at most hardware stores, craft stores, or stained glass stores.  An example can be found on amazon: http://amzn.to/1xT2Szz

See you then!

Baroness Rhonwen verch Tuder, OP, OL
rhonwen at kandsbennett.net<mailto:rhonwen at kandsbennett.net>