[Moo] Defending the Gate... newcomer tour at 11am

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 15:12:43 PDT 2014

Greetings all!

I invite you to invite your friends and co-workers to Defending the Gate on March 29! It is at the Izaak Walton League on 12400 Herndon Rd, Spotsylvania, VA 22553. It runs from 10am to 10pm. Cost is $15 for non-SCA members, and evening Feast (of multiple courses) is $10. For more information on this fun Event, let them check out the website at http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/event_dtg.php

I will be leading a tour of the site and it's activities starting at 11am (meeting at the group of cedar trees near where you sign it). The Event is wearing medieval style clothing, but I will have medieval style clothing you will be able to borrow for the day (just go t to the Chatelaine tent near where they check in at Troll). There will be heavy battles and rapier battles to observe. There will be atlatl and target archery that you may get to try if you are interested. There will be artisans to watch, and even try their arts. There will be merchants with their wares. A yummy Lunch is included in the cost of the day.

And I hope to see you and meet your friends there!

If you look at the website for the Canton of Sudentorre, we have other activities on Sunday afternoons, and on tuesday evenings. Our website is  http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/index.php

If you have further questions, just ask!
I am yours in service,
Blitha of Wolfhou