[Moo] Gratitude for the help in the kitchen at Defending the Gate

Annie Hamel ahamel77 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 06:02:11 PDT 2014

Good day to all in the Barony,

I was really pleased my team served a well received feast last night.

A head cook is only as good as the people who help her cook, plate and
serve the food.
Therefore, I would like to personally thank the gentles who made this feast
possible.

First, I would like to thank the group of young lads and ladies from
the Renaissance
Club of Mary Washington University.  They were reliable and helpful kitchen
minions all day.  They did a lot of the prep work for the recipes and gave
us a hand in cleaning too.  I tried to keep a list of names, but
unfortunately it was thrown away before I could save it.  Thank you!

Wynne ferch Rhodri gave me invaluable information and tips about a kitchen
I had never cooked in.  Thanks to this information, we were able to plan
our day and make this a low level stress event.

Karin Taylor de Cameron came to my home and helped us in cooking the stew a
week before the event.

Kat came up to the kitchen yesterday and spent her day doing any and all
things that needed to be done.  I was really happy to meet you and thank
you for your help.

Abe Akirakeiko was a cheerful presence in the kitchen yesterday.  She came
to help last weekend at the pre-cook session at my home and gave us much
needed help yesterday as well.

Sophia van der Werken also came to help last weekend.  Yesterday, she took
charge of several recipes, which was a great help.

Rosamund of Akeru Thunder baked and donated the naan breads that were
served at feast.  Not one bite returned to the kitchen!  She also was a
great help on the day of the event, cooking chicken all afternoon.

Alexandre De Tourouvre was at my side every step of the way.  He helped
with the recipes selection and at all the pre-cooking events we held at our
home.  He was there in the kitchen from start to end, helping where he
could.  I love you, my Lord!

Last, but definitely NOT least, I would like to thank my good friend
Meadhbh Inghean Sheamuis.  Your help and support was invaluable.  The pies
and lemon cookies you baked were other dishes I did not see come back to
the kitchen, I received wonderful comments on them.  You kept me sane when
I was worrying so much about the details of the feast. Thank you!

YIS
Heloise Le Gardeur

--
Purpure, an open scroll bendwise and on a chief wavy argent three
fleurs-de-lys azure.