[Moo] I-95/395 HOV LANES CLOSED ALL WEEKEND, MAY 2-4

hb998899 hb998899 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:20:51 PDT 2014

Forwarded for all of us heading south for Crown...hope this isn't
inappropriate to post

...on behalf of VDOT for your info and awareness.

I-95/395 HOV LANES CLOSED ALL WEEKEND, MAY 2-4 Extended Weekend Closures

Continue for 95 Express Lanes Construction

FAIRFAX -This Friday night, May 2, through Sunday, May 4, the Virginia

Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close the High Occupancy Vehicle

(HOV) lanes on I-95/395 from the D.C. line to Dumfries, just south of Exit

152 (Route 234). The HOV lanes will close at 11:00 p.m. on Friday night, and

remain closed until Sunday morning, when they will reopen heading north by

10 a.m.

As part of 95 Express Lanes construction, the full closure enables crews to

work on overhead sign structures, pull fiber optic lines that are needed for

future tolling equipment, mill and pave the new lanes, and finish bridge

work.

Aside from select travel dates/holidays (to be announced once confirmed),

motorists should expect similar weekend HOV closures throughout the summer.

The 95 Express Lanes are nearly 75 percent complete, and on-track to be

completed by the end of the year and open in early 2015. The 95 Express

Lanes will use dynamic tolls to keep traffic flowing and provide a more

predictable travel option on I-95 between Route 610 in Stafford County to

just north of the Capital Beltway. The 95 Express Lanes are being delivered

through a public-private partnership between VDOT and Transurban-Fluor.