[Moo] Stierbach Baronial Business meetings: question to the populous

JL Badgley tatsushu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 04:28:32 PDT 2014

The  PWC library system has been used for our business meetings for years,
and we've had then on the first Wednesday for about as long as I can
remember, now.

Is that working out, though?  The fact we can only reserve up to two months
out, and the system gives us grief if we have two meetings within 30 days
of each other is a real pain to deal with.  Then we have situations like
November, where we couldn't register, yet, and they already booked over our
usual slot the first two Wednesdays, so here we are, two months out, and we
need to find an alternative.  The booking website isn't the best, either.

On the other hand:  It is free and easily accommodates us.

At last night's meeting we talked about possibly moving to another
location, and two questions came up.
First, are we willing to pay for a location if it means the Barony has a
regular meeting space we can book for the entire year?  Second, are we
wedded to Wednesday night?

Lady Gunnora has access to a church with rooms that we can book, on the
first Tuesday, for a year, for the cost of a donation (our choice).  We
discussed what might be fair and were thinking about $20-$30/use might be
fair (paid from Baronial coffers).

Before committing to such an action, I wanted to put this out out there for
comments, particularly to those in the Barony  who can't make the current
meetings to see if a change would draw more people.

I'm asking for people to respond by next Friday, the 12th.  Depending on
comments, I may ask for a vote over the weekend as to whether or not we
should move forward with Gunnora's location, possibly as soon as October.

So please let us know your feelings.

Ii