[Moo] Stierbach Baronial Business meetings: question to the populous

Annejke Macaiodh annejke1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 14:01:43 PDT 2014

We have more churches here than you can shake a stick at. Some are very friendly to the group, like Grace United Methodist and the Presbyterian church on Ashton near Liberia.  Historically we have not had to pay for either church for a meeting but i don't know current policy.  There is also St. Thomas on Sudley Rd that has the old church out back that they rent out.  Do not try Manassas Baptist on Sudley.  i can tell you they will require the SCA to take out an insurance policy on the entire church and the clergy such that even if we are not present our insurance policy pays out for damages.  They also have a policy that only their minister can use certain words.  If you use one and you get caught you are tossed out and still have to pay until the contract is paid in full.  They also require a security deposit for clean up every week.  I was trying to get the Art Guild in their and these are just a few of the things i objected to.
The Unitarian church in old town is a good place and i don't think it is expensive.  I had my girl scouts and boy scouts in their when it was Grace.  Nice big room in the basement.  There is also All Saints but i don't know how much that currently is either.

Other places with rooms include the Candy Factory in old town but again i don't know the cost for that.  There are various restaurants.  Before i put us in the library we met at what is now IHop on 28 in their back room. Dennys also has a spot and weeknights are very quiet in both places.

At one time the Mall had a community room near sears that was not too expensive.  Schools are too expensive.  There is a room over at the Manassas Park Community Center.  We used to have fighter practice there.  Our fee was two demos a year.

That's all i can think of through this headache,
B. Annejke