[Moo] Dog Mart is Sept 27

Blitha blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 14:11:28 PDT 2014

Greetings all,

We have asked about the Dog Mart, and now have some answers. The 316th Dog Mart will be on Sept 27 at the Izaac Walton League (where Defending The Gate is held), at 12400 Herndon Rd, Spotsylvania Va 22553 from 9:30 am to 4pm. Admission is $5 a car, unless you are in early to help set up.

With the proper Marshals we can have archery, atlatl, heavy, and rapier demos. We will have a static demo of dogs during the middle ages. It is a dog friendly event. Dogs should have all their shots and be on a leash. You can enter them in dog competitions (I remember there was 1 in costume...)

We have been asked to be a part of the opening ceremonies and play the part of the "colonists" trading dogs for furs with the indians. They already have indians lined up. Who wishes to participate in the opening cerimonies? I have some elizabethian to borrow if you need... Yes, it is a little early, but it serves the purpose.

For the official web site, see http://www.fredericksburgdogmart.com/

I will be the planner, coordinator, point of contact if ya'll wish,
Blitha

Sent from Samsung tablet