[Moo] DTG help needed

Crystal Thurber palfi.jozsa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 10:17:48 PST 2018

Greetings unto the Populace!

I am in need of several people's assistance for Defending the Gate 2018, to
be held March 31. Even if you have another position during the day, I could
still use some help for even a half hour. Please check the list below to
see if you could provide assistance.

--At least one male or two to help me with bathroom inspections throughout
the day. While I have no issues invading a bathroom, it is more respectful
of our guests if they can feel comfortable.

--Four people (or more) to assist with serving and cleaning up of lunch.
Lord Bertran can correct me if I am wrong, but lunch will be from
11:30-1:00. If you can only help for a half hour, I will gladly take it.

--Several people to assist with taking lunches out to staff on the field
who cannot leave their positions.

--A sturdy wagon that I can borrow for the day for lunch delivery services.

--Two to three people to assist me with trash pickup throughout the day.

--I will need multiple people to assist with room set up on the Friday
before DTG, (times TBA) before Court, before Feast, and after the event
itself.

--Several Loud people to act as site heralds (message carriers) for the
activities of the day (I will train people who are interested but don't
know how to do this)

--Parents of 12 and up-year-olds: if you have a responsible young person
who needs volunteer hours and can take directions, I will be happy to sign
off for said hours and write a descriptive letter detailing their service.
While I am not currently warranted within the SCA for working with young
people, I am currently employed in a Fairfax County Public School as a
teacher assistant so thus have had to undergo regular fingerprinting and
background checks.  Parents are welcome to accompany their children who are
volunteering.

Please do not "reply all" to this email. If you can help, I can be reached
at palfi (dot) jozsa (at) gmail.com.

Many thanks!
Lady Palfi Jozsa (call me Jozsa)
MKA Crystal Thurber