[Moo] Pennsic Guard Duty

Janie Darby darbyjanie at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 06:25:27 PDT 2004

Greetings unto all Stierbachi who will be attending War Week at Pennsic!

The Barony of Stierbach will be sharing responsibility for Guard Duty of the
Royal Encampment with our cousins to the north, Highland Foorde, on the most
important evening of all - Wednesday - from 6-10 p.m.

I will be contacting Baroness Diedre, shortly to discuss details regarding
the split of responsibility. If you have any preferences, e.g., 6-8 p.m.,
thereby missing Atlantian Court, vs 8-10 p.m., which impacts Midnight
Madness, please let me know.

It is my intention to have a minimum of three persons on each one-hour
shift, if available. If we have enough volunteers, we could shorten the
shifts....

For those of you who have not been to Pennsic before, Stierbach has a
tradition of standing guard with an interesting array of implements,
including pots and pans, bows and arrows, as well as swords and spears, so
bring your knitting needles or drop spindle, if that's what you prefer.

Guard Duty is a good opportunity to see what goes on in the royal
encampment, and quite a bit of fun as well.

Briana