[Moo] Assessment and thanks to Stierbach

Michael Howell j41mch at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 15:21:19 PDT 2004

I am already proud to say that I fight with the Barony of Steirbach !!!!!!!!! I have traveled far and wide In the service of my uncle from Korea to Texas from Georgia to Virginia. I have fought with against and for some of the best people in the SCA and can honestly say that a finer group of people and friends I am hard pressed to name. I look forward to a long continuing service with all of the populace of Stierbach, Yours in service to the Crown and thunder Loric of Ironwood.         and well met on the quote from Henery the fith I hope to memorize it some day.

pjdarby at comcast.net wrote:
A barony grows and prospers because the people of the barony work together to make it happen.  I believe that we are moving forward in all areas of endeaver, from A&S and Bardic to sewing and fighting.  If we continue to foster grow our passions, so to will Stierbach continue to grow.

And one of those passions is heavy weapons;  So if you want to take the field come out and meet your brothers and sisters and be part of what is happening.

The new tabards were christened at Assessment last weekend.  His Majesty noted that we were fighting well and looked good.  I think their majesties will continue to be pleasantly surprised as the fighting force of Stierbach continues to grow.  We have some good fighters scattered about, but without a strong central core we don't foster new fighters and heavy fighting suffers accordingly.  However, we made a good start at Assessment and I am really looking forward to taking the field with the combined might of our fighters and archers at this year's Pennsic.  With commitment and hard work next year's Pennsic will be even better.  I see no reason why we couldn't muster a Pennsic force of 25 or 30 archers and fighters.  One day you will be proud to say you fight with Stierbach and those gentles who fight without a red tabard shall think themselves accursed they were not with us.  While we happy few, we band of brothers shall be rem ember'd.

In service to the Crown and Stierbach

Colum Maxwell