[Moo] Demo in West Virginia

koldune koldune at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 08:22:12 PST 2004

Milords and ladies,

I have the following demo announcement from Lady Anjuli MacDonald of
Clanranald, originally posted on the Yahoo group site for the shire of
Sylvan Glen in Aethelmearc. Lady Anjuli lives in the far western
marches of Highland Foorde--mundanely, Cumberland, Md. The demo site is
actually in Aethelmaerc.

To date, Lady Anjuli has only four volunteers to help, two of which are
herself and her husband. As far as she can understand the event
coordinator at the high school in question, any medieval or Renaissance
period portrayal is welcome.

Please contact Lady Anjuli at anjuli at gcnetmail.net if you can help.

Yours in service,
Lord Darri Keldulfsson,
Avannaniar

--------------------------------------

From:  Anjuli/Ellen <anjuli at gcnetmail.net>
Subject:  Demo/Ren Faire at Keyser High School

Keyser (WV) High School is holding an all-day Renaissance Faire on
Friday, April 23, and their coordinator has contacted me asking for
help from the SCA. The high school students have been researching a
great deal about the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, and would love it
if we could do some of our demo stuff for them.

The day kicks off with Shakespearean actor Hubert Rollings do a
presentation in their theatre in honor of Shakespeare's birthday, and
then the day proceeds with all sorts of booths, students in garb giving
portrayals of various famous Renaissance characters, food, music, etc.

I'm trying to muster the troops for the usual things--set up pavilion
tents, fight, dance, sing, fence, shoot, bardic circle, even hold a
court if we could entice a Personage to grace us with their presence.
Raz is taking the day off to participate in this, and if we could field
enough fighters for a decent melee, and/or get enough folks together to
teach some dancing, that would be lovely! For those who aren't sure,
Keyser is the site of Potomac State College, and is about 1/2 hour
south of Cumberland [Maryland] on Route 220.

This would be a great recruiting chance for the SCA in this area. This
is a great opportunity for us, I think, as the kids seem to really be
into this, and we could show them a lot that is available to them in
the Society, and also share our arts with them. We can use everything
from fighting to A&S displays. This all-day event is a big deal in the
area--but you needn't stay all day. Anyone who can spare a few hours
will be very welcome!

Please contact me if you can attend and let me know what you can offer,
so I can get back to the coordinator and let her know what we can
provide.

Thanks to all!
In Service to the Dream,
Anjuli

=====
The strongest spell is the one you cast yourself.

Per chevron erminois and argent, a chevron azure and in base a serpent nowed gules