[Moo] Defending the Gate - Thanks to all!

Janie Darby darbyjanie at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 09:01:34 PST 2004

We want to thank everyone in the Incipient Canton of Sudentur who, once
again, made Defending the Gate a rousing success and a wondrous day of
enjoyment for all who attended!  We will not attempt to name everyone here,
with a couple of exceptions, for fear of missing someone.

The site was well organized, the event staff worked fluidly, volunteers
showed up when needed, lunch, organized by the pre-Incipient Canton of
Avannaniar was excellent and plentiful, the feast was wondrous, the servers
gracious, and the entertainment most excellent. The hall, as usual, was
beautifully decorated by the incredible artwork of Sudentur.

We saw new fighters being authorized, as well as new marshalls, chiurgeons
and MoLs - a most welcome sign of healthy growth. All of the figthing
activities were well-run, and well-attended.

Non-fighting activities were also well-run and attended - the A&S
competitions, children's activities, games tourney, dyeing class, and
dancing were all thoughtfully organized and well-run.

We were also pleased by the support and comraderie that is growing between
Sudentor and Avannaniar, and hope that will continue.

Special thanks to Baroness Meli for running the Silent Auction! It was her
organization, dedication, and enthusiasm that helped it along to resounding
success - along with the generous pockets of the populace who both donated
and purchased items.  We would also like to thank Lady Aelfwynn of Whitby,
who came from the Shire of Roxbury Mill to teach period dying.  And the
household of Wolfhaven for their wholehearted support of the heavy fighters
- from set up to water bearing they were always there.

So, thanks to all of you for another wonderful event!

Vivant, Vivant, Vivant!!!

Baroness Briana and Baron Colum
Stierbach