[Moo] Re: [hartsbane] Re: Defending the Gate

koldune koldune at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 13:09:17 PST 2004

Hello, everyone.

I want to add my thanks and congratulations to everyone, too. Loric and
Kiara, you did a great job putting the lunch together. If I remember
correctly, Loric and Kiara, you were prepared to take the lunch on
whether or not the canton pitched in. Dedication like that is special,
the kind of involvement that will really make our canton work. Everyone
who contributed stuff to sell, too, many thanks. We thrive on that kind
of support, too.

As to what went on at the event, there was heavy weapons fighting, a
thrown weapons competition, adult and junior archery competition, a
couple of arts competitions, and the usual collection of vendors. From
Avannaniar, Wolfgang Redbeard did well in thrown weapons for his first
contest. Elena also did well in archery despite a bow whose pull was
too heavy for her. Siubhan's embroidered need case won honorable
mention in the arts contest. Loric bid against Kiara for a Mongol hat
in the silent auction, unaware that she wanted it for him for a
birthday present.

At Stierbach's baronial court, the canton of Sudentur presented
Avannaniar with two new banners--one Stierbach's arms, and the other,
to our surprise, Avannaniar's proposed green-and-white device. I can't
think of a more solid expression of support than to show such ready
acceptance of, and produce a copy for us of, a device that we've only
just agreed on ourselves. I am overwhelmed. We will fly both banners
with pride. Sudentur also gave us part of their portion of the
Stierbach "herd"--stuffed soft-sculture toy cows, in a basket. We will
keep them safe in trust.

Many thanks to Sudentur and Stierbach for their enthusiasm faith in us.
I hope to have Avannaniar continue to be worthy of such, and to show
the same support for them.

Yours in service,
Darri Kveldulfsson,
Acting Seneschal, Avannaniar

=====
The strongest spell is the one you cast yourself.

Per chevron erminois and argent, a chevron azure and in base a serpent nowed gules