[Moo] Fwd: Re: [Ponte Alto] Garb Wars: The whole story

Heather Muller aztecdagger at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 14:57:15 PDT 2004

Heather Muller <aztecdagger at yahoo.com> wrote:Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:46:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Heather Muller
Subject: Re: [Ponte Alto] Garb Wars: The whole story
To: The Barony of Ponte Alto

I just want to tell you, my babies did well.  Aelfwynn, my sister; Elizabeth, my psuedo-sister; Brianna and Colum, my cousins; I don't know the rest of the team but well done.  My babies,  they are all growing up. You go girls and, uh, man.
Heather, the youngest of the crowd, of LochRaven

Belphoebe <belfebe at yahoo.com> wrote:
Greetings!

I would like to congratulate the members of this year's Garb Wars winning team!

The winning team was Vinland Valkyries, consisting of Aelfwynn of Whitby (Team Captain), Allasan (our Baronial Artisan), Gwenhwyar Ywein, Elizabeth of Hadley Hall, and Their Excellencies of Stierbach, Brianna and Colum.

They made an entire viking outfit, consisting of an underdress, a jumper, a cap, a treasure necklace and shoes. The garments were stitched and finished with handspun thread using bone needles. The color was embroidered with crewel yarn that Aelfwynn spun and dyed herself using period dyes (goldenrod and madder). They even finished with 30 minutes to spare.

We are so proud of these ladies!  Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Belphoebe

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace: http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org