[Moo] Combat Archery

Reinmar ducaht at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 08:25:51 PDT 2004

Having moved from the middle kingdom and somewhat active in combat archery I can tell you what I know.  As far as I know there is no heavy bow option any more.  It depends on what type of arrows you use.  If you use the fiber glass shafted arrows, then I believe you are limited to 30 pounds max (please correct me if I'm wrong).  If you are using the golf tubes or siloflex shafts, you are limited to a 50 pound max bow.  Regardless of what type of arrows you use, I would recommend getting a fiberglass bow as it is much more durable in combat situations.  If you have any other questions, feel free to post them.  :)

Reinmar

Mark Valente <stierbacher at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello Stierbach,

   I am interested in giving Combat Archery a whirl. I want to pick up an inexpensive bow for this. I have heard a couple of conflicting regulations and I thought I would ask before I went out and purchased something. Is it true that there is no longer a Heavy Bow option and that one may no longer use anything with more than a 30 lb pull in combat archery? I checked the Archery Marshal page on SCA dot Org but it hasn't been updated in a year. I understand there have been some changes in regulations in that time.

Marcolo
Stierbach
Akeru Thunder