[Moo] Exchequer NEEDS a deputy

Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.) tatsushu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 18:58:04 PDT 2005

Greetings everyone.

I need a deputy.  I really need two deputies.  Even more I need
someone to take over the Chancellor of the Exchequer, but I'm willing
to settle for people to just help with some of what goes on.

I have ADD.  Normally this is not a problem, and I can deal with it,
but the lack of organizational ability is taking its toll and I'm
afraid that I am having a hard time coping.  Towards that end, I am
looking for a deputy with whom I can sit down and who can help to keep
me on track--even if they don't take over the work, I am looking for
someone who can help me to stay on track and not to forget little
details in the job.  I think that if I could work with someone to help
me stay on track and to make and meet deadlines, it would be a benefit
to me and to the Barony.

Ideally, someone with organizational skills should take this position.

The second deputy I need is a Baronial Steward.  I do not have the
ability to go down and be in charge of all of the stuff in the storage
locker for every event.  I need someone who can have a key, who can
work with autocrats and their designated Event Steward to make sure
that Baronial property gets from the locker to events and vice versa.
I would also ask this person to be in charge of the inventory and
making sure our property is properly accounted for.

Finally, for anyone interested in the position of Chancellor of the
Exchequer for the barony:  This is one of the most important positions
in the Barony.  It is a required position--if there is no Chancellor
of the Exchequer, then the barony cannot exist and will be dissolved.
Towards this end, I would like to see at least two people--if not
three--in the barony with appropriate training in the position.

This job requires organization, and you must be old enough to handle
money and be competent to be a signatory on the account.  There are
four quarterly reports that must be filled out, along with one annual
report each year.  An event report form should also be filled out
after events and turned in each quarter.  It is your job to keep track
of money coming into and out of the accounts.

You do NOT need to worry about taxes--that is taken care of on a
higher level.  Furthermore, most required math is performed by the
forms, although you should understand the basics of Excel and have
access to a computer with a recent version.

You are also in charge of all exchanges, and the gate is the purview
of the Chancellor of the Exchequer, usually delegated to a gatekeeper
chosen by the autocrat.

If you are any good with numbers and organization, this is a great way
to help out the SCA.

If you are interested in any of these positions, please let me know.
If you know anyone whom you think would be a good candidate, please
encourage them.

-Ii