[Moo] Fredericksburg Christmas Parade

cwymarc at comcast.net cwymarc at comcast.net
Thu Dec 1 14:53:32 PST 2005

>From the Sudentorre list:

-Ceridwen
-------------------------------------

Again it is time for the annual Fredericksburg Christmas Parade, and again,
all are invited to come join the Canton of Sudentorre in marching in the
Parade.  Times have been moved up from previous times.

At 3:30 we will meet at the Campus Christian Center (CCC) on  1213 Dandridge
Ave {In Fredericksburg, off College Ave that runs  between William St (bus Rt
1) and Jefferson Davis Rd (bypass Rt  1) ,near Mary Washington U} . We need to
carpool down to the Parade  line up spot by 4:00 pm. The decorated truck, for
those who do not wish to walk  the parade route, needs to be down on Caroline
St, between cross  streets Charlotte and Wolfe (in front of the Executive
Plaza area) by 4:15. The  Parade starts at 5:30 this year. (These times are not
on SCA time)  We  are in division 3, number 3.20.  Then, as in past years, we
will follow the  parade with a Pot luck feed at the CCC.  All are welcome. Come
in  garb. Be sure to dress warmly, in layers, and don't forget the hats,
scarves, and gloves. We hurry up, wait, sing, and try not to get cold in doing
so. It is alot of fun interacting with the mundane in Medieval greetings!

The Theme is "a Country Christmas". We will be decorating the pickup truck
this year  like feasting tables, with foods, cups, battery candles,  garlands,
and a large roast suckling pig (with apple in mouth) on the cab top.  The idea
is to hint on a Medieval country feast hall celebration with  dinner/banquet.
Supporting the idea, walkers in garb will bring in the yule log  and greens
to decorate the hall. Carrying baskets of apples, game shot  by our noble
archers, knights in shining armor, and wassail  singers are also appropriate.  I'm
hoping you catch the vision by  now.... Do dress warmly for the weather!

Lady Cairistiona (Laurie Clarkston) is our Co-ordinator, so questions can  be
refered to her at _garadh at erols.com_ (mailto:garadh at erols.com)    or
540-582-2699.  So, come, dress warmly, enjoy, greet the locals, have fun, and take
some  pictures for me. I have to be at Unevent this year... Merry  Christmas!
--Lady Blitha
Seneschal of the Canton of Sudentorre