[Moo] Sudentorre is marching in the F'burg Christmas parade

Laurie garadh at erols.com
Thu Dec 1 19:41:21 PST 2005

We are more fun than VARF....grin

Come to Sudentorre --this Saturday, December 3 -- and walk in the Annual Fredericksburg, Virginia Christmas Parade with us.  Afterwards, we will go back to the Campus Christian Center and dine on fine Pot Luck!!

Go to http://sudentur.atlantia.sca.org/welcome.php  to get directions, times and locations.  Also, the parade starts a half hour earlier this year.  If you wish to march with us, you need to meet at the Campus Christian Center at 3:30.  We will then carpool down to the parade.  We need to leave the Center by, if not a little, before 4 pm.

 Wear your best and WARMEST Garb.  Hats, gloves and scarves are a must.  It will be dark when we finish and you will be outside for 2.5 hours.

Any of you who have ARMOR, please wear it!!  You have no idea the effect it has on the Children.  The more the merrier.   Bring your swords and shields if you like.  There will be no fighting demos of any kind.  All you have to do is show up in armor and you will have children screaming with sheer delight.

We need lads with strong backs to carry the "Yule Log".  This huge piece of wood needs many helpers (really it's just painted cardboard)

Afterwards, we meet back at the Center for a Pot Luck Dinner and good company.  Bring both!  A cover dish to share if you are able and your good company.  You can drop off the dish at the Center before the parade.

If you are driving from the north, please allow extra driving time on the I-95 parking lot.   Expect delays and back-ups.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

YIS,
Cairistiona
Proffessional parade participant
who is marching in two parades on this day!   :-)