[Moo] fabric alert

Celia Friedman csfriedman at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 19 22:38:28 PST 2005

  Walmart in Sterling has bolts of lightweight chemise cotton  for 1.00 yard...white and natural...perfect for lightweight stuff.  Also a  few other cotton solids, but if you're not used to eyeballing fabric bring a match to test it with as the fibers are not marked.

  (Cotton burns, Polyester melts and become a plastic blob)

  There's also an interesting soft white net, like tulle in structure but very limp...I've seen an intersting argument that silk of this form was used for ITalian Renaissance veils instead of the usual silk gauze, so I"m passing that note on for anyone interested in trying it.

  Annalena di Corsini
  Celia Friedman the fabric junkie

  .