[Moo] New MoA and S

Mark Valente stierbacher at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 09:16:20 PST 2005

Greetings,

   For those of you who were not at the last Barony meeting I am the new A & S person for the Barony.  I've never done this before and will be looking for guidance now and again. If you have any questions or suggestions please e-mail me and I will be happy to find an answer for you. (probably by buggin Ii *smirk*)
    A friend of mine gave me a fun suggestion for an A&S competiton of sorts that we could do at our June event. It sounds like fun and I'd like to give it a try.  Looking at all the wonderful projects on display at 12th night I was truly amazed at how many talented and dedicated people we have in our kingdom. I also noted how totally intimidating it is for a novice to put their first attempt at something on a table next to something that looks like it could be found hanging in a museum.
    I would like to have a "Worst A&S project competition".  Everyone who has attempted some kind of A&S project has had that horrid blunder.  I bet even the Laurels out there have a few projects gone awry. I want to see that batch of coffee licorice stout you wouldn't serve your mother-in-law, or the doll that scares your poodle. And don't forget that embroidery project you worked on while you were on heavy pain medication. You know the one, when you were done it looked like the figures who were supposed to be picking grapes now look like they are engaged in some illicit behavior.
   It sounded like fun to me and if nothing else is has the potential for a few good Guffaws. :)

In service,
Marcolo
Akeru Thunder

stierbacher@ yahoo.com