[Moo] FW: [Regia-NA] Beowulf

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Sun Jul 3 04:26:46 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: list-regia-na-bounces

Well, in slightly better, but not entirely good news.... there's also a live
action Beowulf movie staring Gerard Butler, Sarah Polley and Stellan
Skarsgård... it's called "Beowulf and Grendel" and is apparently a bit of an
"alternate take" on the story. But at least they've got the time period
right, and the costuming/set pieces indicate that they've done a good deal
more research than the average period film bothers with. The downside is
that the writer seems to have a pretty flimsy grasp on Germanic religion and
mythology in general, adding a (possibly) psychic witch/outsider to the mix
in the form of Sarah Polley. Oh, and Grendel's got a father and a kid in
this one. Filming wrapped up in Iceland just recently.
Still... I'm curious. I think it's worth a look... just stay away from that
Zemeckis trash!
Check out www.beowulf-movie.com for more info.
Oh, and hullo all. I'm new... hope this has been of some use.
-Christopher Liebtag Miller